This option will send reports of the backup status directly to the user’s Inbox.
To Email the backup status:
- Open the Dashboard.
- Under Tools, select Settings.
- Select Email Notifications.
- Select Email me backup status.
- Under Notification Schedule, select one or both options:
- Send Every: This will send a backup status on a specific day of the week.
- Send when an error occurs: Send an email when there is an error; the backup destination is full, it has been several days since the last backup, or failed files for backup.
- Under Email Server Settings, enter the following information:
- SMTP server: The name or IP address of SMTP server to be used for sending notification emails.
- Port: SMTP sending port. (25 by default).
- My email: The email address to receive notification emails.
- This server requires an encrypted connection: Select this option if your SMTP server supports secure connection via SSL or TLS. Select AUTO if you are not sure of the encryption type your SMTP server supports.
- Select My email requires authentication, ;and enter:
- Username: Email account username.
- Password: Email account password.
- Click Send test email to send a test email using these settings.
- Click Save to save changes.
Note: You can edit your email subject in the Email subject field.