Every time a user chooses a new destination to backup to, the old backup database is closed ;and the active one is the default view in Advanced Restore ;and Timeline Explorer. Restoring from an older backup can be done from the Advanced Restore.
To restore from an older backup:
- Open Advanced Restore from the Dashboard.
- Click Restore from an older backup.
- Browse for the drive/destination that has the older backup, or browse for the backup folder (Normally its name is _Genie Timeline).
- If there is more than one backup on the drive/destination, Genie Timeline will load the backups that are on the location to select from the list.
- Move the Timeline slider to select the time frame to restore data from.
- Exp;and the folder structure to browse for the files ;and folders needed to be restored.
- Select the files, blue check marks indicate that all files ;and folders are selected, grey indicates partial selection.
- Select the data you wish to restore.
- Click Next to proceed to Restore Options.
Note: When encryption is enabled, you will be prompted to enter the encryption password before proceeding to the Restore Options.